We had a wonderful candidating weekend at Calvary Baptist Church, Walnut IA. The Saturday Night "Q & A" Time went about 45 minutes, and I thought went very well. Following the questions we went to the fellowship hall for an Ice Cream Sundae Fellowship.
We stayed at the local Super 8 Motel Saturday and Sunday nights. Sunday School went smoothly as well, as I taught about "Special Blessings within the Local Church." I did some song leading in the Sunday AM Service and Mindy played the piano. She also sang "Be an Example" as a solo before my sermon on Philippians 3:12-16.
Sunday night we sang some songs, heard several testimonies of rejoicing, Mindy played the piano again, I sang "Bow the Knee" as a solo and preached from Romans 13 on why Christians should obey and submit to the government.
I thought the weekend went even better than I had envisioned, and Mindy had a good sense about it as well. Please pray with us that God's will will be accomplished. Next Sunday (April 1) they will hold a church business meeting and vote on extending a call for Senior Pastor.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We're praying for you guys!!
Post a Comment