Thank you all for praying, once again, for our future ministry. We have been trusting the Lord for direction—we need His wisdom.
Currently, we are in contact with 5 churches:
1. Calvary Baptist Church, Walnut IA. We filled pulpit this weekend (2/18/07) and had a wonderful time. This is a church of around 50-75 in a town of 900. Walnut is the Antique City of Iowa (as the road sign says). We met for an interview (interim Pastor, 3 deacons and me) in Ankeny on Sat. February 3rd. If they call us now and ask us to candidate we would accept the invitation and continue trusting the Lord to lead. All other churches would be on hold while we are looking to candidate—we don’t see it as a wise decision to candidate at numerous churches at the same time.
2. Pioneer Bible Baptist Church, Louisburg KS. This is just south of Kansas City less than ½ an hour. They are not in the GARBC, and I believe they are independent. I filled out a Questionnaire in January and sent it back. I have yet to hear back from them concerning their opening.
3. Calvary Baptist Church of the Northwoods, Seeley WI. I just heard from them last week, and I have already received a packet of information via the mail concerning their church. They did go through a split around 3 years ago, but do have a solid group of 33 members. They do have a new church building (within the last year or two).
4. Rockwell Baptist Church, Rockwell IA. We filled pulpit at this church in Nov. and Dec. of 2006, and we just received word tonight that their pastor had just resigned. He does intend to remain in the church—assisting the ministry—and he will continue to preach until the new pastor would come. This is an independent Baptist Church, but we really don’t know much about it.
5. Hallmark Independent Baptist Church, Enid OK. We have not heard from this church since Nov. 2006, but they are an independent Baptist Church. They are only 6 or 7 years old, and are already around 80+ members. I think that Enid is around 45,000 people. I did send a questionnaire to them last fall, but have yet to hear a response.
Thank you for praying…we are continuing to pray for God’s leading and wisdom. He alone knows where He wants us to serve. We are praying that God will prepare us for the church He has for us, and that He would prepare that church for us.
May God be glorified!
Aaron
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment